Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Alpaca fibers galore!

On Friday I received a shipment of amazingly beautiful alpaca fiber from Dodge City Alpaca Ranch and I am so thrilled.  The beautifully musty smelling package contained a wide range of natural (occurs in nature) colored fibers.  I purchased one pound of roving from each fiber at an unbelievable price.  I highly advise using this farm for your alpaca needs.

*Please remember that your monitor calibration can make colors look different than real life.  I tried be certain these were as accurate as possible in color rendering.*

Here is what I purchased.

Natural White Alpaca Roving
White Alpaca

NOTE: This roving is the softest of all of the roving I received.  It is hard to describe just how soft this fiber actually is, but the full pound of it seemed like a giant pillow to me.

Natural Light Fawn Alpaca Roving

LightFawnAlpaca


Natural Medium Fawn Alpaca Roving

Medium Fawn Roving



Natural Dark Fawn Alpaca Roving

DarkFawnAlpaca_05-28-11_005


Natural Dark Brown Alpaca Roving
Dark Brown Alpaca


Natural Medium Rose Grey Alpaca Roving
Medium Rose Grey Alpaca


Natural Dark Rose Grey Alpaca Roving

Dark Rose Grey Alpaca

NOTE: This roving has an amazing color but is slightly rough.  I am excited to see how it felts.


Natural Black Alpaca Roving

Black Alpaca

NOTE: This roving is the roughest of the colors of alpaca.  The darker the color of the alpaca - the rougher the roving.  I do believe this fiber is still usable for scarves and was not nearly as rough as the Romney wool fiber I have had in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment